Webinar „Open access publishing at DZNE – an introduction“
Wednesday, 18 June 2014, 11 am to 12 noon, with a rerun on
Tuesday, 24 June 2014, 3 to 4 pm
The DZNE Library at the German Center for Neurodegenerative Diseases (Deutsches Zentrum für Neurodegenerative Erkrankungen, DZNE) and the Helmholtz Open Science Coordination Office are pleased to announce a webinar on „Open access publishing at DZNE – an introduction“.
This webinar is intended for DZNE scientists interested in publishing in open access (OA) journals or in self-archiving their scientific publications on a repository. Scientists and staff from other Helmholtz Centres are also warmly invited to join and to ask questions live on the internet.
Topics will include
- examples of OA publications
- „green“ road to OA (self-archiving) vs. „gold“ road (original publication in a dedicated OA journal) to OA
- work flows of OA vs. „traditional“ journals
- cost models
- financing OA journal publication charges
- licensing / copyright, and
- OA requirements for publications from EU-funded projects in HORIZON 2020.
Participation: To participate in the webinar from your desk, you will need a computer with internet connection and loudspeakers and a current web browser with Adobe Flash Player installed.
Registration for the webinar has closed.
Presentation slides (PDF)